9-hole course perfect for a quick afternoon golf fix
Overall rating

Conditions

Value

Layout

Friendliness

Pace

Amenities

Last Thursday, me and my golfing pal decided it was high time to dust off the ol' clubs and give 'em a whirl at Clover Hill. Picture it: a windy but sun-soaked day, perfect for a bit of rust removal—both from the sky and our swings. Things were going swimmingly; we were neck and neck, enjoying the challenge, until we hit this seemingly innocent par 3. That's when the comedy started.

What looked like a straightforward pitch and putt turned into my personal snowman-building contest. My ball took a scenic tour into the woods, rolled down a hill, and when I tried to play hero with a blind shot uphill, I overshot and found myself on a repeat tour back down. 

This little adventure racked me up a solid eight on the scorecard. Despite the hiccup, I managed to find my rhythm later on, enough to keep up with my buddy, but the day's highlight was the post-game beer. Never has a drink tasted so good after such a wild ride on the greens. It was a day of laughs, a few face-palms, and a reminder that golf is as much about the mishaps as it is about the mastery. Cheers to that! 
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments

Already have an account?

LATEST LISTINGS

Harmoney Ridge - Ambridge - April 2024-18

0.0 (0)
Harmony Ridge Golf Course, located in Ambridge, PA, is...
Pittsburgh National Golf Club - Aug 2023 (Image_ AcrossNorthHills)-29

0.0 (0)
Pittsburgh National Golf Club is an 18-hole public golf...
golf_course_1

0.0 (0)
Olde Stonewall Golf Club is an 18-hole public golf...
golf_course_2

0.0 (0)
Strawberry Ridge Golf Course is a public 18-hole golf...
golf_course_3

0.0 (0)
Pittsburgh Field Club is a private 18-hole golf course...
golf_course_1

0.0 (0)
Allegheny Country Club is a private 18-hole golf and...
golf_course_2

0.0 (0)
Fox Chapel Golf Club is a private 18-hole golf...
golf_course_2

0.0 (0)
Conley Resort & Golf is an 18-hole golf course,...
golf_course_2

0.0 (0)
Pheasant Ridge Golf Club is a public 18-hole golf...
golf_course_1

0.0 (0)
Pittsburgh North Golf Course is a 9-hole semi-private golf...

LATEST MEDIA

LATEST REVIEWS

Leaf & Bean

Noodles
Noodles
May 14, 2024
" After a vibrant day of urban exploring in Pittsburgh’s bustling Strip District—complete with a hearty meal and visits to..."
Lefty's

Noodles
Noodles
May 14, 2024
"  After a morning of exploring the artsy crafts, chic boutiques, and unique shops along Penn Ave in Pittsburgh's Strip..."
Cafe Raymond

Noodles
Noodles
May 14, 2024
"  Last week, while strolling up Penn Avenue in Pittsburgh's vibrant Strip District, a sudden and urgent predicament—courtesy of a..."
Prestogeorge Coffee & Tea

Noodles
Noodles
May 14, 2024
"  As a self-proclaimed beer enthusiast, I don't often venture into the realms of tea and coffee unless it's to..."
DeLuca's Diner

Noodles
Noodles
May 13, 2024
" After wrapping up a mid-morning meeting in Spring Garden, I, Noodles, found myself with a craving for a hearty..."
The Library on Carson

Noodles
Noodles
May 03, 2024
" Last Thursday, while my better half was dancing the night away with the Pittsburgh Tango group on the other..."
Harmony Ridge Golf Club

Noodles
Noodles
May 02, 2024
" On a sunny Sunday late morning, my neighbor, "Hollywood" and I decided it was high time to hit the..."
Kaya

Noodles
Noodles
April 27, 2024
" Last Saturday afternoon, as the warm summer sun beamed down, my better half and I decided to indulge in..."
Squirrel Hill Cafe

Noodles
Noodles
April 22, 2024
" On a temperate Thursday evening, I found myself venturing into Pittsburgh’s Squirrel Hill neighborhood to meet Timmy O, affectionately..."
Shooters April 2024 (AcrossPittsburgh) - -31

Noodles
Noodles
April 19, 2024
"  There we were at Shooters Golf in McCandless, The Painter and I, all geared up in one of the..."